pt 2 of movie-athon took place at home..hehe..
touching story..though its prob r(21) or nc16 i tink..story of a washed-up wrestler..im sure u all haf heard of it b4 since it came up quite a lot wif oscar nominations..
some memorable quotes from d movie..
Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: And now, I'm an old broken down piece of meat... and I'm alone. And I deserve to be alone. I just don't want you to hate me. (while asking his daughter for forgiveness)
Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: When you live hard and you play hard and burn the candle at both ends... in this life, you can lose everything you love, everything that loves you. Alot of people told me that I'd never wrestle again, they said "he's washed up", "he's finished" , "he's a loser", "he's all through". You know what? The only ones gonna tell me when I'm through doing my thing, is you people here. You people here... you people here. You're my family.
(speaking during his last wrestling match to his fans)
i felt dat d ending was kinda sad..but realistic indeed..my sympathy lies with him dat he prob did make too many mistakes for his own good @1st..den he tried to redeem himself to his daughter after d heart attack..to haf some headway..only to lose it all wen he made another error after being rejected by Marisa Tomei..cos it caused him to forget his dinner wif his daughter..
so jus before gg out on his last match..when Marisa Tomei came back..n tried to dissuade him frm gg out to wrestle again..into another world of hurt..it was no wonder he answered
Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: The only place I get hurt is the world out there. The world don't give a shit about me. (just before going out for his last match, talking to Marisa Tomei)
so many parallels indeed..
No comments:
Post a Comment