Monday, 22 October 2007

.: Plainly bored :.

haven't updated dis blog much for a few wks..so here it goes..

since marking was finished and done as sec schs enter the last wk, so is much of the workload and rush in sch time nowadaes..most of the last few wks in sch were spent keying in marks, awarding "lost" and "Sympathy" marks to students who either need to pass or were chasing the elite classes to join from sec 2 to sec 3. Stimes it does get annoying when these kids are soo persistent in askin for deir marks when they obviously have not shown effort or interest in answering the qns. And of course, the part dat irritates me also is when as a teacher, my HOD was telling me to try and "find" marks for students who got ard 48 or 49 marks to help them pass. Sheesh..pampered buggers..lol


if u cant see what it actualli is, its taken out from one of d exam paper scripts, a literature qn on the story Macbeth..n the student can even actually misspell it as "Lady Bacbeth" as he wrote the answers for one whole paper..cekik darah betol..lol..but den again, dese are one of dose things dat made we teachers share wif one another during our "peer marking sessions" in the staff workroom

last wk of sch..n as relaxed as it is, i tink d students are as bored as the teachers when they come to sch..so out comes out all the psps, uno cards, duelmaster cards, handphones etc. When I was lookin at my new timetable and student schedules, I was surprised to see the workshops the sch provided for the students jus to occupy them. Programmes like motivational talks, personality workshop, financial literacy course, learning journeys(aka excursions), sports education progs etc. And these kids are still bored..sheesh..I tink I'd be havin a lot more fun if I was a student at dis time n age..

anw, latest update is dat im down for "O"-lvls invigilation till nov and my "dear" HOD has decided to retain me in the school for another 6 months (till june) jus so that I will have more school experience. Oh well..I had to say initially, I kinda went mad(though not showing it)..cos I felt that it was more of his limitations that he was not able to make time to observe me teaching in class since i joined the sch..and he used dat excuse as a reason that he wasnt able to gauge my aptitude in teachin..sheesh, sape tk bingit seh..aft all, i wasnt given a chance to observe other teachers @work and was jus thrown into d deep end since day 1..brr..and i only managed to squeeze in a few "Sittin in sessions" with other teachers..but as u noe, since it was towards the end of d term, this sessions mostly covered revision..grr

but after all, I guess I shud accept this as qadha' n qadar of life..hmm, jus hoping and praying that I will not face a too difficult or too easy a task in the upcoming months..and of course, dat d poor kids under me can actualli learn sthin from me..lol

guess dats all..till i blog again..some random pics below..of d cat outside mi house..


cute pose by curious cat..watchin wat u wonder?

see below..lol


and shud i not meet any of u to personally say dis,

selamat hari raya..maaf zahir dan batin ye :)

No comments: